North Lees Estate – the human and natural history
Bill Gordon BEM was, along with his wife Flo, the warden of the North Lees Campsite and Estate for almost four decades. He will recount the human and natural history of Estate during a guided walk on Friday 16th July.
- The walk will be ‘led’ by Tomo Thompson of The Path Less Travelled.
- The meeting point for the walk is the gate entrance (bottom of the driveway) to North Lees Hall at 10am prompt.
- There is NO car parking at the Hall. Please park at Hollins Bank Car Park and walk down past the campsite to the Hall.
- There are NO dogs allowed on the walk.
- There are 20 places on the walk. Places cost a minimum donation of £10pp payable in cash on the day (Bill and Tomo will donate 100% of ticket income to CPRE Peak District and South Yorkshire).
- The walk will traverse moorland and crag – you must be physically able and suitably equipped to complete a 5+ hr walk (approx 3.30pm finish), and bring food and drink with you. The forecast for Friday is warm and sunny with high UV.
Places on the walk can only be reserved by email to firstname.lastname@example.org – on a first come first served basis – there will be no ‘entry on the day’. If you are successful in your ticket application you will receive a confirmation email from Tomo.