I’ve been ‘playing out’ in the hills for 30 years, and leading others in them for 20. I’m a (qualified, experienced, and insured) Mountain Leader, Rock Climbing Instructor, National Navigation Award Scheme Provider, INWA Nordic Walking Instructor, DofE Award Assessor, backpacking guide, member of a Peak District Mountain Rescue Team, and retired Army Officer.
I’m also an avid consumer of tea and cake.
Rather than have a list of specified activities on certain dates I always work closely with clients to try and provide what they want in a location and on a date of their choosing.
Activities that i regularly deliver include:
- Navigation Instruction – from beginner to advanced – 1 and 2 day courses and also night navigation courses too.
- Guided Walks – anywhere in the UK – i have 30+ years experience – events, birthdays, corporate and challenge events, or simply being guided up that mountain you’ve always wanted to get to the top of !
- Hill Skills Courses – instructing the gamut of skills and techniques to make you autonomous in the hills and mountains – normally a 2 or 3 day 1:1 or small group course
- Rock Climbing – learning the skills to safely climb indoors or outdoors
- Nordic Walking – see the other page on my website for further info
- Backpacking – guiding 1:1 and small groups on multi day treks in the UK and Europe, including pre-training where necessary, and logisitics advice and support.
- Wild Camping – overnight intro courses to help you become confident and competent in camping away from campsites. I often use caves, bothies, and cabins (as well as tents) for unique overnight experiences. I can hire out some equipment.
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Assessor – i regularly assess Bronze, Silver, and Gold for a wide range of providers.
- Advice and Guidance – I am very well connected in the ‘outdoor world‘ and will happily and honestly advise on equipment, training, or recommend other instructors or providers for you. I have an uber geek level knowledge of clothing and equipment !!
Please use the form on the Contact page and together we can bring your ideas to the hills and crags.
Environment and Outdoor Education Levy – I donate 5% of all course fees to an environmental, access, or outdoor education organisation or charity local to wherever I am working. I promote and practice low impact, leave-no-trace, countryside-code compliant ways of working, and i urge all my clients to do likewise wherever possible
I look forward to meeting you in the great outdoors soon ….